WWEv Weekly - RAW | ECW | iMPACT! | SmackDown Discussions Thread - Week 25, 2007

• 89 results
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

WWE RAW

-------------------------------------------------------------------

ECW on Sci-Fi

TNA iMPACT!

WWE SmackDown

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 The_Dude14
Member since 2004 • 17165 Posts

Well, I'm pretty interested in Raw tonight and for at least the 374th straight week, it has nothing to do with Vince McMahon. Unfortunately, I doubt the WWE will see it my way.

I'm interested in how things will shape up following the draft and to see if anyone (London and Kendrick) from the Supplemental Draft makes an impact. Will I actually see any of this in between McMahonamania? Will anything advance?

Does this week signal the return to TV of Mrs. Triple H? Please, no... just no.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts
I am going to watch for sure this week. I want to see Londricks do something involving the Hardys or atleast tease it. Maybe an 8 man tag match, Hardyz and Londricks vs. Cade/Murdoch and WGTT
billjakybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#4 billjakybob
Member since 2004 • 14574 Posts
i only watch raw but i try to catch smackdown when i can
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Link256

At the end of Raw last week, Mr. McMahon was presumed killed in a horrific limo explosion - a moment that will forever taint what was otherwise an historic WWE Draft. As Raw heads into the Coliseum in Richmond, Va.this Monday night, its Superstars must cope with the fact that WWE's Chairman is for all intents gone, his body seemingly lost in the flames that engulfed his limousine.

It's hard to focus past the black cloud that has encircled World Wrestling Entertainment all week long. No one will speak ill of the deceased, though it was apparent after last week's "Mr. McMahon Appreciation Night" that many of WWE's Superstars, our fans and numerous celebrities saw him as a pathetic, power-mad dictator. But now that he's gone, what exactly does he leave behind? And how will it affect Raw's Superstars in Richmond this Monday night?

As for the WWE Draft itself, last week Raw said goodbye to The Great Khali, Torrie Wilson, Chris Masters and Ric Flair; however Raw alsowelcomed its newest Superstars to the roster: King Booker, Queen Sharmell, Snitsky, Mr. Kennedy and Bobby Lashley. Needless to say, all will have a profound impact on Raw in the coming weeks. However, Lashley - who was stripped of his ECW World Title after being randomly selected in the Draft - is planning to make his mark a little quicker than the rest. He had already established a strong Raw presence during his rivalry with Mr. McMahon over the past few months; does he have an advantage over the other "newcomers" as they enter the Richmond Coliseum this Monday?

In the ashes of tragedy, life begins anew on Raw, Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA Network.

KevyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 KevyR
Member since 2003 • 10870 Posts
I have peek interest to watch post-McMahon's Monday Night RAW. It should be an interesting night to see the new set of rosters on RAW.I want to really see how they use Londricks in their first run on RAW.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Dude14
Oh, if Randy tells me that Vince... is in hell, I will be a fan of his for a long time.
Avatar image for gqman2121_basic
gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gqman2121_basic
Member since 2002 • 4322 Posts

Get Mick Foley out of here......and get Cena a joke book.

The real question here is, is no Vince on TV worth having to still hear about him around every corner.

SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

LONDRICKS ACTUALLY BEING USED ON RAW? With a victory.Wow, they should of saved this match for PPV, cause it has awesome potential.

EDIT: Haha, King made notice of Londons face during the segment. Hell, I wouldnt mind having London be the one who killed Vince. His reason: He never got his CW title shot.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Dude14

Awesome to hear a live crowd be so responsive to London and Kendrick. It bodes well, they totally rule. Though, this crowd has proven to be pretty responsive when they've got something to respond to already.

Kinda sucks that Haas and Benjamin had to be sacrificed for it. As much as Cade and Murdoch are growing on me, it really feels like their roles should be reversed with WGTT.

However, one can't question the energy of that superfun opener. I'd really have liked to see that one go much much longer.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Link256

Awesome to hear a live crowd be so responsive to London and Kendrick. It bodes well, they totally rule. Though, this crowd has proven to be pretty responsive when they've got something to respond to already.

Kinda sucks that Haas and Benjamin had to be sacrificed for it. As much as Cade and Murdoch are growing on me, it really feels like their roles should be reversed with WGTT.

However, one can't question the energy of that superfun opener. I'd really have liked to see that one go much much longer.

The_Dude14

Or, for that matter, if you are going throw team "under the bus," in matter of speaking, would it not be more apperiate do it tocouple of folks who not really matter one way or another,such as the Cryme Tyme or the Highlanders?

gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gqman2121_basic

What an appropriate thing to sell on their auction site.........comedy.

That opening match should have went five minutes longer. They could have let each team show more offense.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Iron Sheik + Talk Show = Best thing WWE could have ever thought of.
gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gqman2121_basic
Who ever came up with or approved this angle should really be blown up. It's dead in the water and sharks are circling.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The_Dude14

There is absolutely no way Shiek Show can go wrong!

And where the hell do I get a "Damn!" shirt?

And thank goodness for JR, the only announcer no-selling Ghost Vince.

keiblerfan69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 keiblerfan69
Member since 2004 • 15237 Posts

And where the hell do I get a "Damn!" shirt?

The_Dude14

http://shopzone.wwe.com/product_detail.asp?productId=01-08448&cat=SEARCH

There you go.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Dude14

Really good promo from Kennedy... Kennedy. Whenever you can get a crowd to go from cheering to booing like that in a single promo and you're not John Cena, it has to be considered a really good effective promo. I hated its self-indulgent BS content, but I should. In some ways, it was about as much about putting Ghost Vince over, but it got the crowd to go from cheering to booing Kennedy and established him as a heel, which needed to happen (and its the right call). This is one of the ways Ghost Vince should be used. The heels should be all about McMahonism. If the line between Vince McMahon and Mr. McMahon were as clearly drawn as when Mr. McMahon was alive, this story would be half as tasteless. But no, WWE has to treat the storyline super serial and continually make sure to blur that line.

If this is what TV's going to be like when Vince really dies, I fear for wrestling. And if I were TNA, I'd be looking up some hitmen

Back to the promo, Kennedy's delivery can't be overlooked. This is a good start for Kennedy on Raw.

Kennedy

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Dude14

Melina's been watching her Matt Sydal tapes? :? That just seems weird.

And why the **** has Mickie become the fall girl to protect Candice? Candice has improved, but she still sucks compared to Melina.

gqman2121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gqman2121_basic

Kennedy is no doubt the best thing going right now. I still think he needs to show more in the ring, but so does countless others in the company. He's right on point with his gimmick. There's no left or right side. He's right in the middle and coasting. They wish they had more guys like Mr. Kennedy.

The way he pumped up the crowd with the really really really. Awesome.

Also I have to give props to Melina with that finish. Has she always done that move or was that something new? It got a DAMN of me and made me look away from my computer.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -Karmum-
Member since 2007 • 3775 Posts
Punk assured ECW title? He will probably beat Monty Cor Von, and I don't think Benoit will win it too soon. (Burke won't beat Benoit.)
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Dude14

Punk assured ECW title? He will probably beat Monty Cor Von, and I don't think Benoit will win it too soon. (Burke won't beat Benoit.)-Karmum-
In short, no. Jeff Jarrett has a better shot at being the next ECW Champion than CM Punk. I won't be surprised when Monty beats Punk tomorrow.

EDIT: I really didn't think Booker was medically cleared to wrestle.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Punk assured ECW title? He will probably beat Monty Cor Von, and I don't think Benoit will win it too soon. (Burke won't beat Benoit.)-Karmum-

riiiiight...like Benoit needs to prove that he deserves it:roll:

i guess being one of the best wrestlers ever to be in the original ECW let alone being a former WCW, WHC, and arguably the best wrestler in the WWE right now doesn't count for much since he's new on the ECW brand and he should pay his dues to guys like Cor Van, Striker, Burke, and Punk.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The_Dude14
Why the hell couldn't that limo have exploded?!?!? Dammit. This is gonna suck.
Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chicago_Nut
Member since 2005 • 7205 Posts
:| That's how it ends?! The_Dude must be furious.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
I completely missed Raw. Dang, that may be the one time londricks are used too.
The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Dude14

So, we get rid of Vince and he gets replaced by Stephanie and the hundreds of kittens and furry woodland creatures she has obviously consumed in her hibernation.

There's nothing like Steph and a live mic to make me wonder where I picked up so much bad karma? Am I that bad of a person?

The show was kinda the same story as last week. When there was wrestling, it was entertaining. I coulda used more of that. However, Ghost McMahon pervaded this show, doing all it could to suck the life out of the show. Everything is still all about McMahon. I really coulda done without the storyline for the WWE Title match becoming centered around "Who blew up Vince?" I coulda done without seeing the same highlight packages over and over again. Maybe then they coulda added some valuable time to some of those matches, so that maybe the actual wrestlers could have been mentioned more than Vince McMahon and I could endorse the show. The crowd deserves props. When they weren't being bored to tears with McMahonamania, they elevated the show.

There's a PPV Sunday? No wonder they went with the Night of Champions gimmick, cause they've literally got nothing esle.

Anybody else notice Batista's "Do or Die" Title shot became "Last Chance." That was cute.

And then of course there was the end of the show. Next week, its McMahon Appreciation Night... again.

The ending also came to p show that that light at the end of the tunnel (get your Metallica S&M albums out) ... was just a freight train coming your waaaa-hey-yeah. Coming your way.

SeriousThreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SeriousThreat
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts

wow.... WAY. TOO. MUCH. MCMAHON. I really didnt think they were going to give it THISmuch attention. They are already beating a dead horse here... next week is going to epicly suck.

MistaMike54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MistaMike54
Member since 2005 • 6417 Posts

Does USA network even care? It's like they're giving these three hour shows away like they it's free candy or something. I can't wait for next week, It will pretty much be the last thre shows or WWE programming rolled into one.

I missed almost everything this week. I came in during the divas match, and nothing really passed there interested me. I honestly thought the main event was stupid so I skipped.

I'm glad the Londricks won tonight, might be a sign of them being used correctly from now on.

EA_GUY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 EA_GUY
Member since 2006 • 1280 Posts
Raw was ok too much McMahon and next week is three hours long god help me and for ECW tommorow i think Punk and Beniot will win
wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#30 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts

WWE should not do all this about Mr.McMahon, for one thing WWE needs to clam down and not push this as much, if any thing WWE will reveal who did it next week and then they will then talk about why this person did this and so on.

WWE hopefully can do something with ECW tomorrow night when CM Punk beats Marcus Cor Von, and Elijah Bruke berats Chris Benoit, the reason why i'm saying Benoit will lose is because Benoit was brought over to ECW to be a wrestle and a trainer (sort of).

Smackdown! IMO needs the most help, and they will get it with Flair, The Major Brothers, and Kenny Dykstra, but I know they probably needs more than that, but don't forget about Edge, being the greatest World Heavyweight Champion.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

Um.... wtf is wrong with the show!

At least it didn't start off with a ten bell salute. However, until this show, I was kind of toleramt of this storyline, but two specific moments changed that. One was the whole promo they played at the begininning and middle of the show. The second, and more powerful, was the fact that they literally spent 10 seconds rememoring Sherri Martel w/ the screen, and made absolutely no mention to her on air. They publicized a fake death, which by the way will definatly get us, as fans of wrestling in general, blasted upon by Nancy Drew and her ilk, as well as make us even more disgusted w/t the product. And that's only half the show so far.

I swear, me and my brother had a great moment at the begininning of this. Foley, Orton, Booker, and Lashley all had reasons to be out there. Then Cena literally came out for no reason and said the show must go on. When he said that, we said, almost at the same time, "by FU'ing everyone in the ring!" I was surprised he didn't. Very surprised.

Props to JR, I believe he was throwing a bone to us w/ his blatent no selling of nearly every mention to McMahon.

The "first" main event was what it was, but I laughed when I realized that despite the fact that it went 2 minutes Umaga used a half of his arsenal.

The actual main event was pretty good, glad to see Orton get a clean pin. (Although I thought he was a whipping boy now.) So the show ends on a high note. Well, almost.

Out comes the f'n vampire. Why oh why couldn't that limo blow up? She wasn't that bad on the mic, and it did add a little of a realism effect to the storyline, but this is one of a rare few that can go without realism.

If he comes back in a biker suit riding an overszed motorcycle or where purple gloves and a turncoat, I'm going to be pissed.

The best part of this had to be Kennedy's great promo, although, once again, it helped the "death" angle. Seeing the Londricks was cool though. I wanted to see this double team sliced bread I've been hearing about, but whatever.

ECW better kick a** tomorrow, if they screw up Benoit v Burke, I will cry.

SolidSnake2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidSnake2020
Member since 2006 • 2180 Posts

If someone is gonna say the opining of raw was great has no taste at all, Cena ruined it, It seems the writers are given him bad lines just that we hate him more,the opining match was great they should have saved it for the PPV..

Making mick foley get beaten like that was wow like he is not a hardcore legend, it seems the ten chair shots he got from the rock at the royal rumble I QUITE match got the best of him.

Kennedy promo is awesome I see him puting an end to Cenas long tittle hold. but will just have to wait and see what HHH will do when he come back in the ring.

Thats it I didn't bother watching the rest when I saw the limo I new it was either stephanie or shane and the main event I thought cena would win but people say he lost, which means he will retain the tittle.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
the reason why i'm saying Benoit will lose is because Benoit was brought over to ECW to be a wrestle and a trainer (sort of)wwe4ever_in05
Ummm... ECW and SD! travel together, Benoit could train the exact same people in either locker room.
Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Link256

Detailed Heat Results

[spoiler] 1) Ryan Wilson defeated Val Venis with the TKO. Hard hitting match. I hadn't heard much about Wilson in a while.

2) Chuck Palumbo defeated Christian York. This is the second time in about two months that I've seen Palumbo live and he is over. He could be main eventing ECW at this point. Interesting finisher, he got York up in the Dominator position (the real Dominator, not the running powerslam) and then hit a vertical Roll the Dice. Total squash.

3) William Regal defeated Super Crazy with a running knee after Crazy missed a moonsault. Decent match but a little underwhelming.

4) Hacksaw Jim Duggan defeated Murray Harper. Boring match. The three hot chicks that were getting screwed out of their seats in front of me were much more interesting.

5) Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch defeated The Highlanders after the Sweet & Sour. The Highlanders didn't get much in this match. [/spoiler]

Detailed Off Camera Raw Results

Looked like a legit sell-out. The advertised John Cena vs. Umaga dark match didn't go down as scheduled after the show.

Some creative signs in the crowd including "Randy Orton's So Hot He Makes My Sign Wet" and a Haunted Mansion-s t y l e "Here Lies Good Ol' Vin, His Limo Blew Up When He Got In"

Biggest Pops:

1) Mickie James (hometown girl)
2) Bobby Lashley (or as the woman behind me called him "Sex-ay Bob-bey"
3) John Cena (the boo birds came out later)
4) Randy Orton (Richmond has always loved Orton for some reason)

Biggest Heat:

1) Mr. Kennedy
2) Jillian Hall
3) John Cena
4) Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#35 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

Surprised that Candice Michelle actually lost a match, been a while.

Raws tag team division is looking as good as it has in years: WGTT, Hardys, London/Kendrick, Cryme Tyme, Highlanders - all tag teams too, not just 2 top single competitors put together

Womens division looks lame, with only Mickie James as a quality wrestler, now that they dumped Victoria to SD land.

sephy37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sephy37
Member since 2004 • 19516 Posts

Surprised that Candice Michelle actually lost a match, been a while.

Raws tag team division is looking as good as it has in years: WGTT, Hardys, London/Kendrick, Cryme Tyme, Highlanders - all tag teams too, not just 2 top single competitors put together

Womens division looks lame, with only Mickie James as a quality wrestler, now that they dumped Victoria to SD land.

mrgab

she didn't get pinned tho and the match furthered the feud between her and Melina (which isn't much since all it was was a loss), but Candice was protected. it's sad that Mickie isn't the one getting a shot.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 The_Dude14
At least it didn't start off with a ten bell salute. However, until this show, I was kind of toleramt of this storyline, but two specific moments changed that. One was the whole promo they played at the begininning and middle of the show. The second, and more powerful, was the fact that they literally spent 10 seconds rememoring Sherri Martel w/ the screen, and made absolutely no mention to her on air. They publicized a fake death, which by the way will definatly get us, as fans of wrestling in general, blasted upon by Nancy Drew and her ilk, as well as make us even more disgusted w/t the product. And that's only half the show so far.WWEMAN101
I hope they have the good taste not to give this angle the time of day. It isn't worth it. Thing about their treatment is that the only people it registers with are the actual people and the only people they offend with their serious tone and usage of the Tribute Show format and 10 bell salutes are wrestling fans. Anyone who didn't watch the Eddie, Owen or Pillman Memorial shows doesn't get it and doesn't really care. To the mainstream, this is just more Crazy Vince and his circus sideshow/soap opera. It'd take a very slow news day for this to even get on the radar and with the Paris Hilton Jail Watch, Lindsay Lohan Walking Trainwreck, and I'm sure some stupid white girl is just seconds away from going missing to occupy their time.

I swear, me and my brother had a great moment at the begininning of this. Foley, Orton, Booker, and Lashley all had reasons to be out there. Then Cena literally came out for no reason and said the show must go on. When he said that, we said, almost at the same time, "by FU'ing everyone in the ring!" I was surprised he didn't. Very surprised.WWEMAN101
When was the last time Cena did something that cool? When was the last time WWE did something that cool?At this point, it'd really do morefor him to do that than touch a mic, since he hasn't had a well-scripted promo in years. Unfortunately, too, theF-U isn't a Stunner, so it'd look prettyridiculous.

The actual main event was pretty good, glad to see Orton get a clean pin. (Although I thought he was a whipping boy now.) So the show ends on a high note. Well, almost.WWEMAN101
Patience.

I'm guessing with the way things went tonight, Orton will provide Foley with some more "concussions" and "take him out" to keep his heat even though he won't win the main event. What's kind of funny since they relaunched his Legend Killer status is that his major opponents are going in the same order, just condensed. He beat HBK at Unforgiven 03, RVD at Armageddon 03, then went into the feud with Foley. Maybe he oughta beat Chris Beniot for the ECW Title before Trips comes in and starts kicking his ass left and right to give it a whole full circle deal. Then, when Taker comes back, he can spend seven months kicking Orton's ass and making him cryand they can start things all over again.

Speaking at which, I had forgotten in my disgust at the return of Stephanie McMahon-Chunky, how pissed off I was by Foley vs Umaga. Those two have the potential to have a solid hardcore-style brawl. Instead, Foley gets a running ass and a concussion and is done. The guy that got thrown off, then through, a ceiling, that had a tooth magically appear in his nose, and not only continuedhis match with the Undertaker but brought out thumbtacks, then came back to get abused some more in the main event that night. The guy that has wrestled in barbed wire, been set on fire, been set on fire while wrestling in barabed wire, wrestled in broken glass and explosive rings, innumerable table bumbs, chair shots and legitimate concussions that he has worked through and this dude gets taken out by a singleass to the face. Maybe he ought to tap out to the STFU in under 10 seconds next week. W... T... F?

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chicago_Nut
[QUOTE="WWEMAN101"] At least it didn't start off with a ten bell salute. However, until this show, I was kind of toleramt of this storyline, but two specific moments changed that. One was the whole promo they played at the begininning and middle of the show. The second, and more powerful, was the fact that they literally spent 10 seconds rememoring Sherri Martel w/ the screen, and made absolutely no mention to her on air. They publicized a fake death, which by the way will definatly get us, as fans of wrestling in general, blasted upon by Nancy Drew and her ilk, as well as make us even more disgusted w/t the product. And that's only half the show so far.The_Dude14
I hope they have the good taste not to give this angle the time of day. It isn't worth it. Thing about their treatment is that the only people it registers with are the actual people and the only people they offend with their serious tone and usage of the Tribute Show format and 10 bell salutes are wrestling fans. Anyone who didn't watch the Eddie, Owen or Pillman Memorial shows doesn't get it and doesn't really care. To the mainstream, this is just more Crazy Vince and his circus sideshow/soap opera. It'd take a very slow news day for this to even get on the radar and with the Paris Hilton Jail Watch, Lindsay Lohan Walking Trainwreck, and I'm sure some stupid white girl is just seconds away from going missing to occupy their time.

I swear, me and my brother had a great moment at the begininning of this. Foley, Orton, Booker, and Lashley all had reasons to be out there. Then Cena literally came out for no reason and said the show must go on. When he said that, we said, almost at the same time, "by FU'ing everyone in the ring!" I was surprised he didn't. Very surprised.WWEMAN101
When was the last time Cena did something that cool? When was the last time WWE did something that cool?At this point, it'd really do morefor him to do that than touch a mic, since he hasn't had a well-scripted promo in years. Unfortunately, too, theF-U isn't a Stunner, so it'd look prettyridiculous.

The actual main event was pretty good, glad to see Orton get a clean pin. (Although I thought he was a whipping boy now.) So the show ends on a high note. Well, almost.WWEMAN101
Patience.

I'm guessing with the way things went tonight, Orton will provide Foley with some more "concussions" and "take him out" to keep his heat even though he won't win the main event. What's kind of funny since they relaunched his Legend Killer status is that his major opponents are going in the same order, just condensed. He beat HBK at Unforgiven 03, RVD at Armageddon 03, then went into the feud with Foley. Maybe he oughta beat Chris Beniot for the ECW Title before Trips comes in and starts kicking his ass left and right to give it a whole full circle deal. Then, when Taker comes back, he can spend seven months kicking Orton's ass and making him cryand they can start things all over again.

Speaking at which, I had forgotten in my disgust at the return of Stephanie McMahon-Chunky, how pissed off I was by Foley vs Umaga. Those two have the potential to have a solid hardcore-$tyle brawl. Instead, Foley gets a running ass and a concussion and is done. The guy that got thrown off, then through, a ceiling, that had a tooth magically appear in his nose, and not only continuedhis match with the Undertaker but brought out thumbtacks, then came back to get abused some more in the main event that night. The guy that has wrestled in barbed wire, been set on fire, been set on fire while wrestling in barabed wire, wrestled in broken glass and explosive rings, innumerable table bumbs, chair shots and legitimate concussions that he has worked through and this dude gets taken out by a singleass to the face. Maybe he ought to tap out to the STFU in under 10 seconds next week. W... T... F?

Post of the Year. :shock:
kayne2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 kayne2000
Member since 2004 • 5583 Posts

i came here just to see if the death angle was real or not it looked fake but that is seriously a new wtf low. if i dont see zombie vince doing undertakers work till he returns ill be dissappointed lol

the diva match wasnt bad and the diva matches have been pretty decent for a while now well i havent seen raw in a few weeks but before that they looked to be improving well ive seen AM raw and the diva matches havent been all bad despite people keep on bashing them.

and the whole foley thing a little illogical but the guys body cant take what it used to so it kind of makes sense but that would WWE is using logic for the rest of this feud which wont happen so it wont make sense but it does make sense dont have him do alot so he can do it all for the ppv since his body really cant take that much more punishment like it could.

though i probably wouldnt of watched raw had i not seen this odd death angle so if i had a nielson box there little plot would of worked so who knows well see the ratings when they come out.

WWEMAN101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 WWEMAN101
Member since 2005 • 2461 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Dude14"][QUOTE="WWEMAN101"] At least it didn't start off with a ten bell salute. However, until this show, I was kind of toleramt of this storyline, but two specific moments changed that. One was the whole promo they played at the begininning and middle of the show. The second, and more powerful, was the fact that they literally spent 10 seconds rememoring Sherri Martel w/ the screen, and made absolutely no mention to her on air. They publicized a fake death, which by the way will definatly get us, as fans of wrestling in general, blasted upon by Nancy Drew and her ilk, as well as make us even more disgusted w/t the product. And that's only half the show so far.Chicago_Nut

Patience.

Speaking at which, I had forgotten in my disgust at the return of Stephanie McMahon-Chunky, how pissed off I was by Foley vs Umaga. Those two have the potential to have a solid hardcore-$tyle brawl. Instead, Foley gets a running ass and a concussion and is done. The guy that got thrown off, then through, a ceiling, that had a tooth magically appear in his nose, and not only continuedhis match with the Undertaker but brought out thumbtacks, then came back to get abused some more in the main event that night. The guy that has wrestled in barbed wire, been set on fire, been set on fire while wrestling in barabed wire, wrestled in broken glass and explosive rings, innumerable table bumbs, chair shots and legitimate concussions that he has worked through and this dude gets taken out by a singleass to the face. Maybe he ought to tap out to the STFU in under 10 seconds next week. W... T... F?

Post of the Year. :shock:

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree w/ you. Wow. This page needs to be preserved for the Smark Bible.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Link256

WWE Monday Night Raw scored a 4.2 rating last night. The show did hours of 4.1 and 4.2. More details should be available later.

Credit: Pwtorch

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Link256

Official ECW on Sci-Fi Preview:

When Bobby Lashley was drafted to Raw, ECW was left without a champion. The ECW World Title picture, however, will begin toclear upthis week on ECW on Sci Fi when Chris Benoit will face Elijah Burke, and CM Punk will battle Marcus Cor Von. The winners of these matches will move on to Vengeance: Night of Champions to compete for the ECW World Title.

Which two Superstars will compete for ECW's biggest prize? Watch ECW on Sci Fiand find out.

Also, Boogeyman grossed out both ECW fans and Matt Striker in his first trip in the Land of the Extreme. Watch out ECW - Boogeyman is coming to getcha! The only question is who is next on his worm-infested list.

And finally, watch ECW on Sci Fi for the latest on the mystery surrounding the presumed fiery demise of Mr. McMahon. All this and more on ECW on Sci Fi Tuesday at 10/9 CT.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Karmum-

I'm hoping for a Benoit-Punk match-up, (If one match already happened, I did not see it.) I'm hoping for an at least 15-minute submission match, and Benoit prevailing. But I bet something stupid will happen, like a DQ, and no winner.

Edit - Sweet, Benoit is in. Punk is probably going to be Cor Von.

The_Dude14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 The_Dude14

I may be doing a 180 on Monty's music. I'm liking it more and more every time I hear it. I think Monty could have some fun with it, too.

Burke-Beniot was a fine TV match. Too bad everything is a ****ing after thought McMahonamania.

The rest of the show has been squashes and McCrap... Not even new McCrap (could be a blessing).

And isn't black supposed to be a slimming color? Yikes.

-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Karmum-

I may be doing a 180 on Monty's music. I'm liking it more and more every time I hear it. I think Monty could have some fun with it, too.

Burke-Beniot was a fine TV match. Too bad everything is a ****ing after thought McMahonamania.

The rest of the show has been squashes and McCrap... Not even new McCrap (could be a blessing).

And isn't black supposed to be a slimming color? Yikes.

The_Dude14

What a shame, Punk-Monty will only be like a 5 minute match. Quite frankly, a very good potential MOTN squashed.

Chicago_Nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Chicago_Nut

The_Dude14
I like it cause Cor Von is SMOOOOTH.
-Karmum-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -Karmum-

That was actually a very nice match, I was somewhat impressed.

[spoiler] CM Punk vs Chris Benoit for the ECW Title. [/spoiler]

TheGm86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheGm86
Member since 2005 • 3337 Posts
That was a sick head drop....Hope he didn't get f'd up to bad.
Halo2_Norad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Halo2_Norad
Member since 2002 • 3802 Posts
WooooOOOoOOoO!!! Punk vs. Benoit for the title! MY WISH CAME TRUE!!! *faints*
zarfbloot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 zarfbloot
Member since 2004 • 4557 Posts

For the time it had the main event was actually pretty good. I'm much happier now though since I will be ordering Vengeance, even though I don't think Punk Benoit will last very long.